• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment issues? Ball Joints?

Clint

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 sport with an '89 HP 30 w/th disconnect on 33's. The front tires are doing this /-\ The driver side is worse than the passenger. I have not been too an alingment shop yet. I will be doing that on Wednesday. From what I think I've read, the camber is non adjustable on these? I'm wondering if this is a ball joint problem or something else (hub assembly??), so I can be prepared to fight through the FUD they try and feed you. Thanks

IntrepidXJ said:
have you tried jacking up the front and looking for movement in the ball joints by wiggling the tires? might start there :)

my guess would be ball joints, though

Going to do that tonight soon as I get home. Just need some other suggestions for things to check. I really don't want to take it to a shop.. Thanks Randy!

yeah that really sucks dude mine does the same thing. I would assume balljoints but, it could be a bent axle or bent knuckles. I will be installing an hp 30 after the big dawg run. Hopefully it will fix the camber issues.

Camber is adjustable but you have to use offset balljoints. You will have to get an alignment readout on you rig though so you can know what offset you need.

Could be wheel bearings, mine had the nuts on loose and my wheel looked like that when the drivers side failed.
in short, check the wheel bearing, and put a torque wrench on the stub shaft nut and make sure it's tightened to spec.

Back