• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gay engine

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
yes my engine is gay. it likes other jeeps.
but this may be more towards my gay throttle body and not engine.

so before my tps went out, i replaced it.
its a 96 jeep, told advance that, they ordered it, got the part, i tried to put it on, it doesnt fit, wrong year. go back, pull up a pic, i need a 95 part.
it fits.
k.
so then the other day i need to replace my map/baro. sensor.
tell them its a 96, they order it, i get it, it doesnt fit.
take it back, need a 95.

so gay.

its a 96 classic, the last one before the change in 97. my friend has a 97 and all my map.baro sensor is the same as his.
is there a difference in thrttle bodies between 95-96-97?
and why is mine retarded?

Look at your door sticker all jeeps I have delt with were built the year before they were titled. My 93 way built in 92 my 94 was built in 93 and my gfs 98 was built in 97.

yeah, happy trails dude, The '96 (like mine) is a mix of 95 and 97 componants. X-fer case, tail shaft, DS, and some other linkage parts are 97, engine parts, like tps, MAP, are 95, BUT the fuel rail... 96/97 one thing I have not seen on others yet... Injectors are the same but you have to check the pressure of them, make sure you are putting the right pressure injectors.

Have you ever noticed that the front seat belts are new style but the back are old style?

Oh, and one last thing, under the drivers seat, to the right there is a little peice of OEM duct tape holding the wires to the floor under the carpet... He he he that is all '96
fun fun...

Back