• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wont start in park...

DIKASUN

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I hear this is a common thing and sorry if you are tired of people asking, but I'd kinda like to fix it. About 1/3 of the time when the transmission is in park, i turn the key to crank it, and nothing happens. I can shift into neutral and it starts right up. Is it a censor or something?

crazyXj33 said:
I just replaced mine for around 139.00 brand new

Ouch! I just sold a used one for $40 on eBay. They take all of 15 minutes to pull apart, clean, and reassemble. Google on "Jeep NSS Clean" and you'll get two good writeups.

DIKASUN said:
Ok so I hear this is a common thing and sorry if you are tired of people asking, but I'd kinda like to fix it. About 1/3 of the time when the transmission is in park, i turn the key to crank it, and nothing happens. I can shift into neutral and it starts right up. Is it a censor or something?

Same thing happened to me. It was the neutral safety switch.
Send me your email and I'll send you an article how to fix it yourself.
The dealer wants 250 parts and 250 labor, but I did it myself in 1 hour and $3.00 in chemicals.

Jeff-97XJ

Back