• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS Suspension kits good or bad?

XJMadness

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking at getting a 4.5 lift for my '00 XJ

I found a Suspension lift by BDS that looks and sounds really nice.

Right now im torn between 3 manufactures of a 4.5 suspension lift
Rubicon Express
BDS
Rock Krawler..

Any help and feedback on these lifts would greatly help my decision on what lift to get.

Im looking for the best lift under $1,350.00 (that dosent include the SYE & TW Driveshaft im getting)

Thanks guys,
XJ Madness

well they are a local michigan company kinda popular around here for their great warranty, they perform pretty well. Need to ask a more specific question with regards to which kit, and what your objective is: DD with mild wheeling, starter lift you want to add to later, trail rig only etc

They are pretty well built and they will stand behind there warranty. I think you could do allot lot lot worse. They aren't super high priced i think their stuff is a good vaule if the lift fits your goals.

yeah im looking at a good 4.5 for off-road use but as a daily driver/ that beefy look. I plan on doing greens and blues with it. im not going to do any hard hard core wheelin.. Ive got a rough country 3" lift right now and im running 31" kuhmo venture m/t Im just looking for more lift, alot better articulation in the front and better handling that what the rought country has to offer. and I would really really like that amount of lift (4.5) I like the look of the 3" right now but want it a bit higher/ would like it so I can do some more rock crawling up at paragon and rausch creek in PA.

Thanks,
XJ Madness

if your getting the SYE and CV anyways, go up to 5.5 or 6.5 bc inchitis will hit you quick with the 4.5". go longarms- RK or RE, not BDS

I have a BDS 3" on my 01 XJ and I love it. I use my Jeep mostly on road and a ton of hunting trips on logging roads and backroads. I do saome mile green trail stuff and it has performed very well. Ride is nice ,flexes great absolutly no complaints. i plan on going to 4" myself by adding BDS 1" shackle and a spacer.
jeffs-napa.gif

e.jpg

I have the BDS 3" system. It actually sits at about 4.5" in the rear and right at 3" in the front. I had to use a spacer to level it out, but it is still raked way too much for me. I love it, but wouldn't have bought it if I had to do it all over again. It was way too expensive for as little as I got. I payed right at about $750 for mine and only got the coils, leafs, shocks, and a 1" t-case drop I never used. Don't get me wrong, this is a very nice kit, but for those prices you can get much better. The warranty they offer is nice, but I don't think I'll ever manage to break one of my springs.

Go with RE 4.5" I got mine plus swap ins (adj. lower control arms, jks quick disconnects) and add ins (SYE, shocks and custom driveshaft) for $1350 shipped to my door by going through PORC. Guys name was Kevin I think, it's been little over 2 years but I think that is his name.

another vote, go RE. Upgrade to the heavy duty trackbar. If you drive on the road alot, add some drop brackets now or later too.

i got rustys 4.5, dont let people tell you his products are bad. there were some reports of his products failing in the earlier years of his business, but he has completely redesigned everything and all of his stuff is great. the 4.5 was around 650-700 and you get extended brake lines, lower control arms, shocks, adjustable trac-bar, full spring packs, and all necessary hardware.

then i would go with the porc sye, its MUCH cheaper than all the other brands but, as far as i have heard, is still of the same quality (somethin bout being made in taiwan) which would leave you about 600 for a DS and whatever else you want, just my .02

Back