• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex a lite blade fans

Its hard to say that the XJ's fan blade is 19". My dinosaur C10 has an 18" fan.

But anyways, they are good fans. The fins flex out to almost straight at higher RPM's to lessen drag. Have one on my '66 Chevelle. Works great.

Very bad idea on a 4wd drive unless you never use it off road and in low range. Just think how these work. They flatten out and pull less air when the revs rise. Just the opposite you want when using low range or even high while climbing a long hill and ploughing through mud or running through the dunes. Do you think it is a good idea to have less cooling when it is under heavy load in these conditions!!! Not to mention their bad reputation for losing blandes which leave nice lumps in your bonnet!

These type of fans are made for hi-proformance cars. The flattening out thing you dont need if you go wheelin. (High revs and its flattening out you aint gonna be cooling your system) You just need a fan with a good clutch in it to cool an XJ ( even though I run dual flex-a lite12's) I know that many stay cool with a good clutch fan and the stock eletric one. Good Luck

My catalogue of Flex a lite at work does not recommend or offer a replacement for 4.0 Cherokees. Resellers don't often mention these little details.

I have used the fiberglass version on my old 66 Mustang, and couldn't perceive any changes for better or worse.

Back