• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question

3312DC

NAXJA Forum User
I want to put the front axle on jackstands. Can I just lift the front of the jeep by placing a jack on the center of the front axle? Then placing the two jack stands on the axle near each wheel? I jacked up the rear using the pumpkin and jack stands on the axle, hope that was alright.
thanks

That should be just fine. You'll have to offset the jack a little to get a balance point on the front, but you've got the right idea. make sure to use a solid point when placing the jack stands and check to see that the vehicle is sturdy before climbing under it. Remember Safety First.

It will be a little unnerving the first time because the front pumpkin is so far off-center. The axle will slope and you may not get full height on the passenger side jackstand. Once they're in place, though, you can jack the axle tube on that side to level things out.

The tops on my stands are fairly narrow and fit perfectly under/into the lower control arm mounts.

Back