• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternator

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
where can i find a good one better than the 90 amp one the local parts stores have for up to $200??

if you search i think i posted it on naxja before, i bookmarked a link to a guy that swaped in a junkyard dakota or durango 135 amp one for cheap. It bolts right up.

the other solution i saw on pirate was a guy with sbc was able to get a really nice one from a place that sells SEMI parts. The great part was it makes ridiculous amperage at idle. Lots of the "fancy" high amp aftermarket alternators make their advertised amps at pretty high revs. Not to impressive for the price if you ask me.

In about 2003 i got a 160 amp unit from Mr. Alternator, for around $185-$190 who at the time had a faaaaar superior warranty than mean green, power master, etc. (its a denso unit not a no name brand unit also incase that matters) It $210 now, so thats still a decent deal consider shops near you want 200 for 90 amp. are you going to NAPA, carquest, autozone, etc? OR did you go to a shop that rebuilds them. If i was you i would go local and find a shop that will rebuild to your specs. I dont know how big of a town your in but detroit has a number of shops that will due this, i just didnt know of them until after i mail ordered from mr. alternator.

http://www.mralternator.com/alternators/jeep.html

do us all a favor and find out if any semi / big rig alternators are bolt in. That would be veeeery nice to know :D

Last edited:
i dont live in a very big town all we have is autozone, advanced auto, and o'rielly. we dont have any shops that rebuild. thanx for the help i think ill get the one you got!

thank you motorcityxj that was alot of help

Back