• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring up-grade

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys and girls I have some bad and good news. I finish my motor swap it took me around a month and a half I started to crank it over only to find out that the battery was dead I took it by work and traded it in for a new one that has 800 CCA and 1000 CA.
I turned it over again this time it would turn over fine but no of the gauges worked and you could hear a lite sizzling noise coming from behind the dash. Now just so you all have some past history mabout this thing it has had a dash fire started buy the headlight swithch and around half the OEM wires burnt up I wired them all my self with a home made fuss box.
I am going to create a new dash this coming up week that is going to made out of 14 gauge it will house a full set of gauges; switchs for the power trans, rear defrost, rear wipers, headlight low beam, headlight high beam, tail light, interior lights, dome lights, fan#1, fan#2, front fog lights, rear fog lights, rock lights, amp switch#1, amp switch#2, new fuss box for all the fusses that were house below the dash, Cd player, A/C unit vents(2 round vents)
Would anyone be intersted in a write up on this if so I will do one if not then ok?
I would also really enjoy anyones ideas on this.
William H.

here is a picture

gaugeideas.jpg

Should look pretty cool, remember to allow for the idiot lights too...high beam indicators,directionals, etc...

Please! With pix, if possible.

I'm actually planning something only vaguely similar - when I get to where I can bulid the engine to go in my 87, I'm planning on replacing most of the gages with aircraft gages (I've got a couple sources,) and putting a lot of information on display for myself. Most of them should, if I'm lucky, mount in the OEM gage cup - the rest will go overhead in an "eyebrow" housing (which might also combine in a switch panel and a radio mount or two - I haven't designed that yet, either.)

Still, I'd like to see your approach, when it's done.

5-90

We have a guy running around in a Yellow 66 Ford Bronco, all dual aircraft gauges. I built a whole new dash insert in my 69 Willys wagon [waggoneer fsj], used stewart warner gauges. Did it when I rewired the whole jeep which did not have a factory fuse box, every fuse was an inline and man they were all over the place. The dash was a mirror type that could be converted to either left or right hand drive. Built a custom fuse panel on the passenger side that replaced the blank jeep logoed pod, hinged it and put all bayonet type fuses in there.

Back