• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

other trails?

Sean had a good idea about doing it on Saturday. He's afraid of breaking something if we run it earlier in the week. I was thinking we could run it Tuesday or Wed, but I'm not afraid of breaking anything. :D

I think Saturday would work fine. We can run through lower pretty quickly, even with a decent sized group, then a few of us can run upper and others can watch if they want.

We'll have to see how many will be up for it. CRASH said he wants to do, even though he's not cut down in the back. He has a lot of confidence in his U. R. F'd D pillar braces, plus Moab could be the last run for his current rig. I wonder if any of the CO boys are going to want to run it. :dunno:

You sure you want to do it? :roll: :D

Crash better get all the glass taken out if he hasn't already.

Goat, it's not a CO trail, so they may actually run it :D

I was starting to think Fri. since Sat.'s D run looks like it could be fun. There's only 1 or 2 days that the schedule is appealing to me, so I may end up running it a few times to get my nerve up. Not that there's anything wrong with the schedule, it just leaves those of us that can cover hard ground quickly with lots o' options. I can't wait.

Who else is going to try the waterfall??????????????????????????????

I don't plan on running what's on the schedule every day....... ;)

Can we be pretty sure of getting back for dinner Friday evening if we run both Helldorados on Friday? I think we can, but if one of us broke, I'd have to be sure to cut out and get back so I can MC the Friday program.

What are you thinking of running on Saturday? Pritchett?

I'd like to run Cliffhanger on Tuesday, Rusty Nail or Pritchett on Wed, we could do a small group on Boulder Alley on Thursday, Helldorado on Friday, then see what I'm in the mood to run on Sat. I'd like to run something that I haven't run before on one day, besides BA, and I don't need to run Hell's Revenge this year.

Pritchett would be a good trail to wind down from the week on. It's got a few good obstacles and it's absolutely gorgeous driving through that canyon.

With the right group (less than 6 on Upper), I think we could very easily be back for dinner even with breakage. I spent quite a bit of time fixing my junk because we had to walk back to the trailhead to do the welding and find parts. It wouldn't be so bad if the other vehicles were up in it with ya to help with whatever ails whoever. There's only 2 spots that are actually going to break you in there anyhow, and they aren't that bad.

My big problem is I'm getting the itch to do UPG, UH would be a sunday drive after that.

It's been 10 years since I've done cliffhanger, that may be a good option for Tues.

HR doesn't really have a strong draw for me either.

It would be good to find out if the competition area is open to the public. I could stand to play around in there quite a bit.

I'm really hoping we can get onto this land.

RimRock

edit: just found this little tid bit of info

The MOAB ROCKS 4x4 Park is a privately owned 160-acre dedicated 4x4 park.
Located at the top and to the left hand side of the Moab Rim Trail,
the park is open 9am - dark every day.
You must sign a release form and pay an entrance fee per vehicle before entering.
Please see an attendant at the Chair Lift on Kane Creek Blvd.
Or at the top of the chair lift located to the Southeast of the Park.

I know you west coasters are all against the pay to play, but this looks like some serious fun to me.

Last edited:
Now that looks like a good idea.......plenty of options and close to town! :woohoo:

Did you find if it's open yet?

Looks to be open, but I don't know how much it is yet. I've got my feelers out there. There have been 2 Moab Rocks comp's there already. I'd like to check out the state land where they held the RCAA comp also.

I just called and talked to them. It's open and it's free. The only time there is a charge is when there's a competition going on. It is left of the top of the Moab Rim trail, between the trail and the rim of the canyon. :eek: There will be plenty of signs and trails layed out by that time.

We can easily fill in any day with a run up there........sounds like fun. Maybe play up there on Thursday before the Show and Shine, or all day on Sat. I don't know how long it takes to run BA, we'll have to see.

I don't really know anything about BA, any idea if the pickle trail has emptied itself of silt yet? I always wanted to run that before it got filled up a couple years ago. It would be nice if we can run the park at night with it being pretty darn close to the campground and all. Maybe we'll just have to let SeanP lead us back down LPG again :D

LOL, ya, how much sheet metal can we destroy this year? :D
What's Boulder Alley like? I haven't heard of that one before.

Jes

Jes said:
LOL, ya, how much sheet metal can we destroy this year? :D
What's Boulder Alley like? I haven't heard of that one before.

Jes

Bad ass........ :D

But what about doing some difficult trails? :)

Like the new one near the Helldorado's.

I also have both competition XJ's organized, gotta find the time and place still.

Jacobs and I are both up for some upper H action. It will be the retirement trails for the yellow and black XJ. I don't have fancy UR F'd braces so my XJ is slowly unravelling as we speak.

Any idea how to get 4 XJ's to Moab in one trip?

No tube thingy for Moab Grant?

"Like the new one near the Helldorado's. "

Your comments are useless without pics :D

Jacobs knows of the location of the new trail, and the only pics I have seen are from Scott @ Rockstomper, nothing on the web. Scott claims it makes Upper H look tame, and his pics prove it. His 44's look the size of 37's.

Tube things is still in unbent tube form, and the move to the new shop has put us behind quite a bit. So unless I win the jackpot I don't know if I'll be ready. Of course I spent at least one dynatrac axle in Las Vegas this last weekend, and not a damn thing to show for it. Damn Bachelor's parties.

But I just got a refund for the rent for the old shop so the tube will be ordered tomorrow or Friday.

I've been trying to bend tube for 3 weeks now, something always comes up. It's just been laying on the floor staring at me with an evil grin.

Well the move to the new shop cost a month of work, and a bunch of $$$ and more to come. And my design changes every time I think about it.

I suspect the limiting factor is going to be $$ for gears and such. And all the tiny little pieces that will end up costing a couple grand, and waiting on the final dyno runs after doing the dry sump on the SBC.

I have my hands on both competition XJ's now, so they need to be prepped as well. And I am racing the Mini 4 weekends between now and Moab.

Anyone got some extra hours in the day for sale?

Back