• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is this because of a freeze plug??

mayonaise

NAXJA Forum User
i have a coolant leak from what looks like the middle of the driverside of my engine (6cyl, 4.0 ltr 200k miles) on my 88 cherokee, and it was mentioned to me that it might be a freeze plug that rotted through. however i have never dealt with this issue before and cannot find anywhere an image that shows where the freeze plugs are on the engine. mostly i was woundering if anyone has one. (not listed in my hayes manual anywhere), i don't want to take the manifolds off if i am looking at something worse than a rotted freezeplug.

also i have gotten mixed replies in refference to a pcv valve, some say it does not exist for an '88 6cyl 4.0 ltr, and other people say it does, has anyone ever encountered this problem??

any help with these issues would be much appreciated.

ok so the indensions on the side are the freeze plugs the? that is all i neede to know. thank you for the help and a fast reply, looks like i get to take the manifolds off now :-/

Back