• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolts in 91 exhaust manifold to...

Stationary - either pressed/splined studs or welded hex bolts.

Threaded 3/8"-16 - replace the nuts with brass. Don't use impact to take the nuts off if you can help it - I have found that "slow and steady" will usually break them loose without breaking anything else.

5-90

5-90 said:
Stationary - either pressed/splined studs or welded hex bolts.

Threaded 3/8"-16 - replace the nuts with brass. Don't use impact to take the nuts off if you can help it - I have found that "slow and steady" will usually break them loose without breaking anything else.

5-90

excellent.

Thanks J.

When disconnecting the downpipe and not replacing the manifold, I usually just replace the studs with regular bolts. I also usually use an impact gun because I don't care if the studs break...they're being replaced anyway. A little heat and a hammer will knock the old pressed-in studs right out.

If you do have to re-use the studs, your best bet is to heat the nut and slowly remove it. Then let the stud cool and thread-chase it with a die or rethreader before installing new nuts.

Back