• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Spacer q's

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I got a set of spacers for the front, they're not the poly ones that go on top of your coil spring. These are the rubber ones you that raise up the vehicle and insert them into the spring and lower it back down to install. They brought the nose end of the XJ up 2 inches but the passenger side one keeps sliding down. Are these supposed to go up near the top of the spring or are these supposed to go near the bottom?

Also somebody told me these can lead to spring failure, is this true?

Thanks

yea man, they probably cost you about 15-20 bucks and theyll fall out if you articulate even the slightest bit. u could have gotten rustys, or re's or any other of the various brands out their, poly spacers for maybe 35-40 and they are much better, not only application-wise, but better for the spring too, those junk spacers can cause the spring to warp and bend creating more problems for you than you should have had.

go with the polys, and dont forget the rear man some greasable shackles maybe just my .02

The rear's already lifted 3 inches, I was just tryin to level it out somewhat. Prolly gonna go with the Rustys spacers then...Thanks for the input about the spacers

yeap rustys makes a 1.75 inch poly set, you can leave the stock rubber pad there for .5" so ull probably get around 2.25" for your font, and im sure teh springs have sagged a bit, so youll probably be around even.

I went with ACOS, yep they are expensive but you can adjust out any sag and even adjust up for a couple more inches of future lift!

rocklandxjer said:
yeap rustys makes a 1.75 inch poly set, you can leave the stock rubber pad there for .5" so ull probably get around 2.25" for your font, and im sure teh springs have sagged a bit, so youll probably be around even.
not true, the spacers are 1.75" thick, thus giving you 1.75" of lift, now if you take out your stock isolators you'll robly end up with a little bit over 1" of lift, i know teraflex makes a full 2" spacers, i run them

right, im sorry, leave the isolators in, (math, hah) THEN ull get about 2.25 of lift and will be near even, should look fine. what year is it, if its 97+ you might want to start lookin at slip yoke eliminators, if its pre 97 you shouldnt need to worry.

Back