• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roll cage

make it first, but don't inflate it until it's inside the Jeep and the doors are all closed(windows up).

depending on how you design it, some of it can be fully welded in pieces and then assembled together inside of the jeep. but you are not going to be able to make a good cage and slide it in as a whole.

hope thats a joke

xjkevin said:
hope thats a joke

A buddy of mine spoke with a shop about installing a cage in his four door Dodge truck and they suggested REMOVING the roof, building the cage and then reinstalling the roof. They were serious!

they suggested REMOVING the roof, building the cage and then reinstalling the roof.

Absolutely, take a close look at the construction of FIA rally cars and the touring cars raced in EU, Asia, and AU. The cars are procured as bare chassis', then the roof is removed, cage installed, roof replaced, and all seams fully welded. That method is the ONLY way to ensure a 100% weld at all joints to be legal within the FIA.

Here in the US, the closest thing we have to that kind of racing is a fledgling rally program and SCCA, both of which are less stringent than FIA. With the exception of some entry-level classes, everything else is fully constructed from scratch ie..desert race trucks, nascar, and drag racing.

I could build you a cage for cheaper than that and it would actually be strong enough to stand a rollover, you just wouldn't be able to take it out...

So you really think that bolt in cage will not stand a roll over? Why is that? I e mailed the guy from the company and this was his response in red below.

This is a bolt in kit no welding, the clamps that are at the ends of the tubes are as strong or stronger than a weld. We have a Cherokee here that has the full cage kit in it it came out very nice and fits very well. The cage fits nice and tight which gives a good amount of head clearance. As far as padding goes I do sell padding for the cages. If you like let me know if you want to come to the shop and see the Cherokee with the cage installed?
The manufacture of the cage kit is actually selling them to the military for the XJ so you can be assured that it is well built. let me know if you should have more questions, or would like to stop in.

fdsa487 said:
I e mailed the guy from the company and this was his response in red below.

The manufacture of the cage kit is actually selling them to the military for the XJ so you can be assured that it is well built.
[/SIZE]

Anybody ever seen a military XJ with a cage in it? Not me.

Chris

Sorry about that link. I don't know what's up with their site. Just plug the part number into the search area. As far as pics, I can't find any installed.

Back