• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which leaf to add

white99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the dilemma: the rear springs on my brother's XJ started sagging so I talked him into buying new leafs. Since he is going to haul a trailer occasionally I recommended the heavy duty oem leafs since he wanted to stay stock. All was good for about a month and then the usual settling came about and now the question is, what leaf should i add to the pack from his old pack that I saved. Cut the eyes on the main leaf? Use the #2 leaf?

Normally you cut the eyes off the main leaf leaving as much length as possible. But you may have trouble with that if you have the tradesman pack in the OEM as that would be around the same length. If you dont have the second leaf going from eye to eye then you have not this pack and would order that leaf from them to fit it in instead. Otherwise you want to fit as long a leaf as possible so pick the spot and the right length leaf that will allow you to do that being in between in length ( check both distances from centre pin forward and back ) to the one above and below it.

Add both the main with eyes cut off and the second leaf. Incredible ride quality, much beefier, lasts longer, great for towing, get about 2.5" lift.

Back