• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On board air hose fitting

kleake

NAXJA Forum User
This may have been covered, but I searched and couldn't find what I'm needing.
I am using a small portable air pump from HF for my supply, then my bumper as my tank. Everything works fine except after running the pump for a little while, the fitting on the pump where my rubber hose connects gets hot, causing the hose to blow off. I have tried crimp connectors, hose clamps, and a couple of other ideas, so far none have held after it gets hot (about 10 minutes).
What I need to know is what are you guys using right off the pump? I am thinking of going copper tubing, or maybe a high pressure A/C line?
Thanks in advance!!!

There are a few different but equally effective ways to do this, but on my york compressor I switched from some really cheap air hose and barb fittings that kept blowing loose to using the DOT approved Air Brake fittings/nylon lines. I got parts for them at both Fleetpride and Fastenal (chain stores which might be found in your area). Very similar concept to what rstarch345 used, but I chose a compression style fitting. They're not necessarily cheap, but the hoses are rated for something along the lines of 300psi and 200F. Haven't had a problem in the year or so I've run them.

Another alternative that I found shortly after doing the air brake lines, is that there's a company online (can't find the link) that builds custom hydralic lines, with whatever crimped ends you need. They looked to be cheaper than my air brake parts, and are rated to handle a lot more temperature/pressure.

Back