• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Problem

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
I have 6.5 lift short arms Rk dropped arm and Track bar, yesterday I installed the pitman arm hoping to fix it but I still having trouble on the turns, it turns more to the driver side than the passenger side the arm is parallel whit the long of the xj, what else can check

herreraxto said:
I have 6.5 lift short arms Rk dropped arm and Track bar, yesterday I installed the pitman arm hoping to fix it but I still having trouble on the turns, it turns more to the driver side than the passenger side t
he arm is parallel whit the long of the xj, what else can check

Did you put the new pitman arm on exactly where the old one was?

It sounds like you have the steering off center. Here is what you can do to correct it.

Make sure your wheels are as parallel as you can get them. Remove the pitman arm. Rotate your steering wheel completely to the right. Now rotate completely to the left, counting the number of turns of the steering wheel. Again, turn the wheel to the right ONE HALF the number of turns you counted. That will be the center of your turning radius. Connect the pitman arm and you should have the proper turning radius. If not, then you have a mechanical bind in the linkage somewhere.

Finally, if all goes well, get an alignment.

rstarch345 said:
It sounds like you have the steering off center. Here is what you can do to correct it.

Make sure your wheels are as parallel as you can get them. Remove the pitman arm. Rotate your steering wheel completely to the right. Now rotate completely to the left, counting the number of turns of the steering wheel. Again, turn the wheel to the right ONE HALF the number of turns you counted. That will be the center of your turning radius. Connect the pitman arm and you should have the proper turning radius. If not, then you have a mechanical bind in the linkage somewhere.

Finally, if all goes well, get an alignment.

i think this is the problem, whe i bougth it the steering wheel was crooked

Last edited:
Back