• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS hubs on a non ABS XJ?

little red cheroke

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i was wondering. my jeep is not eqqupped with ABS. but i wanted to put ABS hubs on my jeep b/c i can re pack them through the ABS sensor hole on the hubs(or so i ve herd). i just need an idea on how to plug up the hole for water and stuff after i grease them. i was thinking a zirk (??grease fitting, grease nipple??) fitting tapped into the ABS sensor hole would work great b.c itd be easy to grease and would keep water and debris out. what do you all think????? ive got a friend with good hubs off an explorer with the ABS fitting that are in good condition with fresh grease thatd hed let go for like $20 (for the pair) im thinkin about getting them but dont know how to plug up the ABS hole. BTW the hubs are the same bolt patteren and spline count. it had a D35 front axle (IFS)

good quality ones last 50-100k without a grease fitting .. so why worry about it?

Back