• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW GEARS

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i looked on that sticky, but i need a more in depth answer, i wanted to know if i upgrade to 4.10's in my 8.25 rear, i need to do the front too right (im pretty sure) i also heard tho that i would have to upgrade my transfer case also, is this tru, thanks guys

rocklandxjer said:
hey guys, i looked on that sticky, but i need a more in depth answer, i wanted to know if i upgrade to 4.10's in my 8.25 rear, i need to do the front too right (im pretty sure) i also heard tho that i would have to upgrade my transfer case also, is this tru, thanks guys

If you do the rear, you MUST do the front to match. If not, kiss your TC goodbye.

You don't have to upgrade your transfer case either.

HTH.

You also need a new carrier for the D30.

You seriously need to do more research before even thinking about re-gearing an axle because it seems to me that you don't quite know what you're getting in to at all.

You're probably looking at $120 a set for new gears, so $240 for each axle, at least. Then you'll need a new carrier for the D30, which can be found for around $40. Then you need to get them installed by a pro, because I can tell that you have no idea how to do it right. That'll run at least $150-200 per axle. So this "Cheap" job will end up running you almost $800 in no time.

believe me i am no gear man, the other stuff, bring it on. but i dont mess with them lol, i got frends who will do it dirt cheap, and well too, but if its 120 per set and 40 bucks fer the carrier im lookin at 300, thats not too bad, but leads me to my origional question, anybody no anyplace or person that is selling 4.10's front and/or rear for cheap (not necessarily 10 bucks lol just cheaper than 120) dont have to be BRAND new

rocklandxjer said:
believe me i am no gear man, the other stuff, bring it on. but i dont mess with them lol, i got frends who will do it dirt cheap, and well too, but if its 120 per set and 40 bucks fer the carrier im lookin at 300, thats not too bad, but leads me to my origional question, anybody no anyplace or person that is selling 4.10's front and/or rear for cheap (not necessarily 10 bucks lol just cheaper than 120) dont have to be BRAND new

damn you're dumb. dude, like said before, DO MORE REASEARCH!!!

you're looking at probably $200 PER AXLE if you include the install kits. and that's not including labor. IMO, buying used gears/lockers/etc. is just begging for trouble.

thats why im asking @$$ hole, my question was
anybody no anyplace or person that is selling 4.10's front and/or rear for cheap
i am not pretending to know anything about gearing, and like i said before, "Frends will do it dirt cheap if for anything" (mechanics)

i just want to know if anybody knows where i can get the
A. gears (4.10)
B. install kit

for cheap

y would i be posting this if i knew all the answers buddy

you also asked if you needed to do the front as well. your mechanic freinds didnt answer this for you? get some axles off a wrecked 4 cyl. for cheap and your set.

As far as vendors... PM Rawbrown and (or call) ROCKREADYXJ here on the board.

Rawbrown (Ryan) is a vendor for gears, install kits, lockers, & other drivetrain parts.

ROCKREADYXJ (Joe) owns The Rock Connection, a 4x4 shop a bit north of Rock Co. in Slate Hill, NY. 845-355-ROCK. He should be able to get you all set up for a fair price.

HTH

scorpio_vette said:

x2

Just got my 5.38's from this outfit. in stock complete set with master install kits $194 out the door. 60 bucks less than anywhere else. And they're Yukon with timpken bearings. the real deal for very good price. Oh yeah and free shipping.

MISFIT said:
damn you're dumb. dude, like said before, DO MORE REASEARCH!!!

please read the forum rules:

"Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.

Personal attacks directed toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated."

Back