• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alt problems help quick please

Semper Fi

NAXJA Forum User
took the Jeep in the mud yesterday and had a bunch of fun!!! When I got home I power washed the engine, nothing that we all haven't done before. The thing is I started it up and drove it about 10 minutes after I was done, and the the damn things not charging now. The really strange thing is, it will charge when at an idle but as soon as you drive it down the road about a mile it stops charging. If you stop turn off the motor and start it back up, it will charge again for about another mile down the road and then it starts all over. The connections on the back of the Alt. are tight and I did find a loose battery cable which I tightened. So what the hell is going on? please help I have to drive the Cherokee from PA to AR on the 10th!!

Ditto on that. Never pressured mine but that's just me. I'll second langer1 on something may still be wet or gotten loose with the power from the sprayer. Replace the +/- cables and the connecters and then recheck all ground wires and see where it goes...?

Back