• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front inner fender lip ?????

97babyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have removed the black plastic from the front inner fender well. my tire now gets cut up from slightly rubbing against that weld lip in there. has anybody done anything about this, maybe like folding it over or something?? pictures would be great! thanx

I cut it about every 6 inches or so. Then just simply beat it over with a hammer.

97babyXJ said:
any pictures? i know what you meen just would help to see a pic

I don't have one.
I'll see what I can do though.

97babyXJ said:
i have removed the black plastic from the front inner fender well. my tire now gets cut up from slightly rubbing against that weld lip in there. has anybody done anything about this, maybe like folding it over or something?? pictures would be great! thanx
You dont need to trim on the thing, just bend it over with a BFH and beat it down flat. I sealed the edge with auto body seam sealer to keep water from collecting under the fold, sprayed it with undercoat. Done deal.
DSC01632.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

BTW, if this isn't what you were asking about, never mind.

:D

Back