• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case bolt Question

93XJMan

NAXJA Forum User
Ok can I use a adjustable wrench on the filler bolt to fill and put back on. The biggest socket I have is a 27mm and looks like it taks a 28mm. So was wondering if I could use a adjustable wrench to take it off, to check the fluid and put back on?

dont strip or break it.

imthehink said:
actually, the bolt is 30mm.

Ya, I wasn't sure, the biggest socket I had was a 27mm and sears was pretty picked over on all there sockets when I went so I just bought some adjustable wrenches and hoped that would do the job and it did. Thanks for the help guys!

Yeah, I got by w/ an adjustable wrench for the drain plug, but for the life of me couldn't get the fill plug out. I ended up buying a 1 3/16" socket (which is what I read it was) w/ a breaker bar and PB blast and finally got the fill plug out. Needless to say, it looks like it's been awhile since that was out b/c the fluid looked like used engine oil w/ a slight red tint....

Back