• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" lift questions

jsk2052

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i have an 01 xj with a 2" OME kit on it already. Of course, this wasn't enough and I've decided that I want to put the Teraflex 2" BB on. I think I'll need extended brake lines, maybe a SYE, and a local shop said that he thought I'd need long arms. I don't really think thats true(and i sure hope not since that doesn't fit in the current budget). My question is am I forgetting anything and will I be able to use my current OME shocks, maybe with bar pin eliminators? I know that these issues have been covered a few times and trust me I searched a lot but I want to be really safe before making decisions. Thanks in advance for any help.

for a 4 inch you at least need longer lower control arms.....new uppers would be good too.....brake lines will be ok.......sye definately to be safe cause yours is newer. your probably gonna need longer shocks to be safe.....you have an adjustable trac bar? if not youll need one of those. You dont need long arms just new lowers...uppers is you can stretch the budget.

You might be able to get away with getting Bar Pin Eleminators so you don't have to buy new shocks, but it's hard to say for sure. It depends on how much travel your shocks have, and how much you gain from the BPE's.

I am currently at 4", and I only replaced the rear brake line. The front I was able to bend the hard line down, and there is enough slack in it now. If you do a SYE, you'll need a new driveshaft too.

As Redneck said, you won't need long arms, just longer control arms.

Last edited:
I had mine trimmed, and added 2" of hockey pucks up front and a 1" drop spacer on the rear, which seemed to work out OK.

You can always try flexing it without any bumpstops, and if it rubs, add them.

honestly if your gonna do it like that save the little money and wait to buy a lift.

eh, yer gunna rub anyways if you get it in the right spots, with a 4" you shouldnt be rubbing until full lock (wheel turned all the way to the right, or all the way to the left) if the flares get in the way, cut em their just plastic, although you do have a 97+ so it may look a little thrown together...02

I have the RE 4.5 and 32's with some minor trimming, the flares still fit on but I have them cut really thin to match the end caps, but since the fuzz hasn't been messin with me I've kept the flares off and grown to like it. click the pic to enlarge

oh yeah I have about 4" of bumpstoping and I still rub a tiny bit, I used the 3 incher that came with the kit and a hockey puck as well

Ok so I'm really starting to realize everything that i'll have to buy to do this. I have the 242 so the SYE and driveshaft alone will be a lot. So I was wondering if I went with another 1" or 1 1/2" to hold me over until i can afford a real kit would I have to replace as much? I've heard that 3" is really the limit as far as avoiding replacing a lot of parts. Thanks for the advice.

Back