• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lebaron hood vents

There are a set of vents on Ebay right now. I think 5 hours left on the auction. Over $20 I think.

the link is perfect for the hole in the hood, but the actualy mounting system? its lower than the actual hood so how would these hanging mirror mounts work? any other options?

When I put some in my '89 I just used "Automotive Goop" to glue & seal them up. No brackets, bolts, etc. It was a tight fight with the hole I cut anyway but they're in good and solid. Downside is I can't just pop them out.

1/2" angle aluminum from Lowes cut into 4 pieces.
Cut holes in the hood for the vents to drop into and use the existing
screw holes in the vents to screw into the angle aluminum. When you tighten the screws down, it tightens the aluminum bracket up against the sheet metal of the hood, holding the vent in tight.

A word of warning though, when I did this, the rain took out my TPS sensor. I think some sort of drain will be necessary. I can take pics if you need.

It seems everything I've heard about doing the lebaron vents, the one problem is the sensors get all wet. Why not just put one vent on the passenger side, so water/snow etc. doesn't drip on all the sensors? One would think one vent would do the job of cooling down the engine bay, and its placement on the pass side wouldn't let water be a problem. Just my .02

doodahman said:
1/2" angle aluminum from Lowes cut into 4 pieces.
Cut holes in the hood for the vents to drop into and use the existing
screw holes in the vents to screw into the angle aluminum. When you tighten the screws down, it tightens the aluminum bracket up against the sheet metal of the hood, holding the vent in tight.

A word of warning though, when I did this, the rain took out my TPS sensor. I think some sort of drain will be necessary. I can take pics if you need.

You can get some mirror mounts from Home Depot and do the same thing. Costs just a couple bucks and works pretty well.

Back