• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size/lift question

Toyman

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I know this has probably been discussed on here before, but does any one run a 5" lift on a 97-99 XJ and 33"s w/ Bushwacker flares? The lift I'm currently running is a 4" Teraflex spring up front with a 1" spacer and rear are the Skyjacker 3" leafs with the Teraflex Revolver shackle. I would like to know if so, do they rub? I have about 2" bumpstops and am running the 31" LTB's and really like the 33" LTB's. Some say the BW flares are crap, but I need them for 13.5" tire on a 10" wide rim, plus the trimming will allow for a bigger tire. I have more lift components (springs and an AAL) to go up another 2", but the shocks won't be in for a month and I feel the need to wheel to try out my new 4.56's and Powertrax no slip!

Let me know if you think this would work if your running something close.

Cheers.

I have a cherokee with 6" of lift and 35's. The bushwacker flares and trimmed fenders make it posible. if you are willing to trim, anything is posible

I have a 4.5 Ruicon express lift which is rated for 32x1100 tires. The kit states that with minimal triming you can run 33x1250. So I also added Adjustable coil over spacers and cut out bushwaker flares. I run 33x1250 on a 15x10 wheel and it does rub but only when it gets really twisted. I tell you I thought the flares were more durrable but now I wish I would have lifted more insted of cutting.

Well, the idea is to go bigger, but I just wanted to see if any one had experience with 33's/BW flares and 5" lift or less. I just lost out on some 15X10's, but the shop I deal with put the last pair of flares for me on hold, but the tires are on order and might not be until after May long. Hopefully someone else in town has the 33" LTB's cause I've sold the 31's and don't want to wheel with the 32" A/T's.

I'm running 5" with 35" MT/R's on 15x10's with 3.5" backspacing, and absolutely zero rubbing. Bushwackers are fine with 33's at that lift height, but anything bigger, you'll need to ditch or trim the BW's or lift a little more, which I don't recommend. I used to have Bushwackers, but they just got in the way, so I got rid of them. If you need flares to stay legal, then they are nice to have, otherwise, I like being flareless. Don't forget to bumpstop. Very important and often overlooked. I have articles I have written on fender trimming and bumpstops on my website in the tech section if you would like to check those out: www.rocklizardfabrications.com

Back