• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help

Gerr

NAXJA Forum User
ok I have a 93 sport a few weeks ago I realised the altenator needed replacing so i removed it went to autozone to get the new one and installed it this morning....well It went fine till i realised I lost the 2 little nuts that go on top of the black box back there. anyone know what size they are ?

I don't own a '93 so pardon my asking, but ... WHAT little black box? In replacing the alternators on the older XJs, all I've had to do is remove one wire and a plug from the back of the alternator, take off the nuts that hold the alternator in the brackets, and that was it.

Black box??? :confused:

I have a 96 and just replaced to alternator the nuts on the back are 7mm and 10mm. As for the black box I don't know what you are talking about.

well theres a small (maybe 2inches by 2.5 inches) black box rectangular in shape has 4 round terminals one per side two on top. the box is located on the back side bottom. the two top terminals are smaller than the two side ones. to me it looks like a diodes or part of the regulator. there is also the 10mm main wire on the back which youve both stated as present on your respective years.

Ill just have to pull it out and take it to the hardware store i guess

Back