• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Long Arm Upgrade

do it right the first time, either spend a extra $35 and get the Clayton set up or spend a extra $100 and get the TNT

robz95xj said:
do it right the first time, either spend a extra $35 and get the Clayton set up or spend a extra $100 and get the TNT

I had have to agree with this guy... lots have good experiences with rustys, but I haven't heard a bad thing about TNT or clayton for that matter

I´m for sure no Rusty hater - but his trackbar has failed on my rig and I´ve seen some UCA destroyed by fellow wheelers - so no more Rusty suspension parts for me - sure, I´d buy skid plates from him any day, but no suspension or drive train related parts.

I´ll have to buy a longarm kit, too and I´ve not yet decided between TnT and RE.

TNT all the way. I've seen both and there is a BIG difference in the quality. That and better customer service and thats big on my list.

i ran Rustys and liked it .thier crossmember and how the arms attach could use some work to bring them up more.

they have also copied TNTs arms

longarm_24.jpg

robz95xj said:

you forgot to put another option in there as well. You could also spend about 350 less than those rusty arms and get a rock krawler kit that will ride better on the road and flex a hell of a lot better as well.

Matt

im running a "giant" est 11" of lift on my RK longarm and it rides really good.. alot better than what i thought it would with that amnt of lift.. but i def support RK they had reallly good customer service when i needed something.

matt6669 said:
you forgot to put another option in there as well. You could also spend about 350 less than those rusty arms and get a rock krawler kit that will ride better on the road and flex a hell of a lot better as well.

Matt
i dont like the way the RK setup mounts, plus with Clayton and TNT you get a life time warentee

I've been running rusty's 4.5" for about a year and it has been real good. Now I'm thinking about getting their long arm kit. I think the difference on the other long arm kits is the name and the price.

Later

i run his longarms, they are noisy and sloppy. the Xmember and mounts/frame brace is OK, don't waste your money on his longarms. the springs are great, as some of his other things. but i do not recommend paying 700 for his radius-arms. dont get me wrong, they work, and ive abused them/dragged them on ledges. just MHO.

matt6669 said:
rock krawler kit that will ride better on the road and flex a hell of a lot better as well.

Matt
is this a fact?? if so, where did you get all your info?

MR. XJ said:
I've been running rusty's 4.5" for about a year and it has been real good. Now I'm thinking about getting their long arm kit. I think the difference on the other long arm kits is the name and the price.

Later
so your tellin me payin a extra 35 bucks on the clayton setup that has a lfietime warentee is not worth it,

Lol, i love it when people give an opinion and have no experiance to back it up.

I like Rusty's stuff, but I sure would spend another $35 for Clayton's over Rusty's long arms any day of the week.

Rusty's is that pricey due to the "bolt on" aspect. Sometimes this is a selling feature for the DIY'er working in the driveway, and I wouldn't be afraid of it's strength or performance. But for someone who's not afraid to weld the new cross member on anyways, the Clayton set-up is the way to go, IMHO:)

i like the paragraph on welding to the unitbody....tell me...did a robot weld his arms and brackets?... cause i've seen pics of welds broken on their arms. Does anyone know...is the unitbody high carbon or low carbon steel?

Back