• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I have one request. Lets make sure this year we are better organized on who is ridding what trails. Lets not have 18 rigs trying to go up slickrock!

Ghost said:
I have one request. Lets make sure this year we are better organized on who is ridding what trails. Lets not have 18 rigs trying to go up slickrock!
x2 on that, it was fun cause i wasn't driving last year and got a lot of video, but i have a jeep now and wanna get my shot at that rock before the sun sets :D

Also I talked to the new owner of Crawfords and he said the ledge at the top is worse. Slickrock needs to be a built trail F&R lockers only kinda thing IMHO.

I knock out a hard ride thursday or friday...my dream has been to run Guardrail/Helicopter/Schoolbus then turn around and hit it the other way, and video/take plenty of pics...in a day...with out 20 vehicles waiting behind...maybe just 10 total??? I was thinking 6 but we wound up with one broken and one half broke last time we were at guardrail so we were starting to get low on good trucks

or maybe a ride down upper two and back up for a warm up wed night?

Just remember what happend ot andy on upper 2 last year.....

I just wanna ride. I am scrambling trying to get mine done...and I doubt I'll be there to ride Thursday. I just can't wait to get the hell out of Florida for a few days.
Travis you know if mine's complete we'll make that run with you on Friday for sure.

I'm down with that too, however, I keep remembering last years slickrock fiasco. what you bringin this year?

I running a '98 XJ and it SHOULD be on front/rear D-44's, 4.88's locked, with 33's. I have all the parts it's just a mad dash to get it together...especially since it's my DD! LOL
Yeah slickrock last year was fun but did take a while. Of course my broken center pin didn't help :(

Leafs up front again?

I wish...but I went with the 4.5" rusty's kit. Having RE brackets welded on the front 44 so I can just bolt it in. As soon as it's ready we'll put the gears in and then it's mostly just a matter of getting them under the jeep.

By the time all's said and done I'll have alittle more in it than the MJ but it's a reliable DD and I had to have it with the divorce last year. That's why I was in such a fit to get rid of the MJ so I'd have the $$ for this (I had to sell my 1 ton dodge too)

Sounds nice. I know how you feel. I am working on 5.38's for mine and a front D44 too.

Sweet. I remember when you got the 9" in there. You sticking with 33's?

ATM yes, $$$$ are tight! If I get a screaming deal on some 35's or 37's that is what I'm hopeing to end up with.

I might have just found a 8 lug 44 from michelles...hmm...its got the right gears already just have to get the brackets on it and pop it in right?? The rear 60 could be in quick too...I'd love to see her built right this year...this sucks...there is so little time...

Yeah travis just the brackets. It'd be easy enough as once that's done it's just a few hours to bolt them in. As soon as I get my front end from Shawn, Jason and I will gear both front and rear in 1 day and then it's just getting the little stuff on them.

I want to hit Lower 2 again on Saturday. The rest is open for me. I'm hoping to be there for a wednesday run to check things out. And of course the night run Wednesday night.

2offroad said:
Take lots of pixs please.
Are you not attending Tellico this year?

Ghost said:
Are you not attending Tellico this year?
No, I can not see anyway to have the money or get the time off.

Back