• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Me and my Renix are at odds

asheets934

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is probobly a dumb question but is there any way to put in an ecm from a 91+ into my 89 XJ in place of the renix system. I know some of you swear by the renix system and I can understand why but I just don't like the lack of codes. If its possible and you've got an obd ecm laying around for me you can have my renix system with my compliments. I'm sure you could put it to better use than I . . .

You can, but it's more of a PITA than it's worth. You'd have to change the PCM and wiring harness, along with the Chryco crank sensor, temp sensor, throttle position sensor, ignition system, etc...

If you really want to do that, the easiest way to make everything work would be to get a PCM, wiring harness, and whole HO engine from a junkyard 91-95 XJ. Then swap in the HO motor and the harness and PCM to go with it.

I agree with you in this opinion, but it's too much of a PITA to upgrade the whole car to be worth it. I just went through getting a HO motor to work with a Renix Jeep because my motor was shot...it would be a real PITA and a lot more expensive to upgrade to Chryco's control system.

Back