• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bucket of problems, please help heh

thedugler

NAXJA Forum User
sooooo i took it mudding once.. and now ive got this nasty rattle.. i can feel it rattle by my feet.. i thought it was my front drive shaft, but i put it back in 2wd and it was still there, someone said its the exhaust.. i dont know.. i also popped open the hood to take a look at the intake (wich i know nothing about) n saw some problems

this was unplugged... dont know why, maybe it just rattled off, i put it back on
shouldthatbeunplugged.jpg

and this hose is crushed...looks like it will be a mother to replace.. cant wait..
shouldthatbesquished.jpg

but mostly, i really want to fix that rattle..its awful heh

The first picture is just a vac line for the bi-metal temp sensor. The one that is missing should run around to the front of your airbox and connect to the vacum motor.

As for the rattle, I cant really tell you much based on the info. Have you examined the exhaust system? Also does it happen only when moving or stoped or both?

It's very common for the exhaust to rattle against the crossmember, especially if the rubber mount on the transfer case is getting a little tired. There's very little clearance there even when it's right. I'd check there first. It usually makes a pretty loud, kind of irregular clunk, especially at idle or on big bumps. You might be able to alleviate it by tightening up exhaust mountings, etc., but if the clearance is really not there the next step is either to replace or shim up the TC mount ("replace" is the proper option of course. "Shim" is the shade-tree-beater-swamp-yankee option).

The big crushed hose is for preheated exhaust, and should not do much of anything after it's warmed up, as I recall, but that's assuming that the little vacuum doors in your air cleaner are working properly, so you probably had better fix that missing little hose first. There should be a vacuum diagram under the hood somewhere to show the routing. I can't remember now whether the default position is open or closed for the air cleaner. If it's open, then you could leave the vac hose and the preheat hose off and it should run all right when it's warmed up.

thanks! im pretty sure its the exhuast, its a deffinit clunk, when idling and what not. tomorrow ill put'r up on some jacks and have a look.

sorry for reposting this, i posted on abunch of sites and forgot i had done this one already heh :p

Back