• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hub bearing assembly

anony91xj said:
Never heard of it.

Where do you get $300? That link says the hub unit is only $74.95

I paid $300 at the stealership a while back. I needed it right away for the driver's side. This time around I don't want to wait last minute for the passenger's side to go out. The link was for the Omix-Ada brand.

Unfortunately they didn't have what I needed. P/N 53007449 is for composite rotors. I'm in need of a hub that will fit cast rotors.

This is what I got from TAPCO:
FRONT HUB ASSEMBLY
FRONT HUB JEEP J SERIES 89-91 PART OF ROTOR
FRONT HUB JEEP MJ, XJ 2WD 89-92 PART OF ROTOR
FRONT HUB JEEP MJ, XJ 4WD 90-92 53007449
FRONT HUB JEEP YJ 90-92 53007449
FRONT HUB JEEP ALL 93-97 53007449

Im not on my home computer, Someone give this guy the links to cheaper hub asemblys, there are 3 or 4 places you can get them for cheaper than the dealer even for cast rotors. What year are cast rotors? Good Luck
TTT

XJING said:
Im not on my home computer, Someone give this guy the links to cheaper hub asemblys, there are 3 or 4 places you can get them for cheaper than the dealer even for cast rotors. What year are cast rotors? Good Luck
TTT
It's for a '99. Thanks again XJING!

Anyone heard of the manufacturer http://www.bearing-technologies.com? What are your experiences (positive/negative)? Ask you all can see by now, I'm in need of a hub assembly. I'm just making sure that the assembly that I'm planning on purchasing isn't going to give out on me after the warranty has expired. I'm hoping this wil last a few years. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!!!

Be SURE of what you order... There are 2 hub units that fit during those years. One will require a CAST rotor, the other a COMPOSITE rotor. Yes, your knuckles and calipers will fit fine on either "set-up." The difference is in the distance of the rotor mounting surface from the mounting surface of the hub itself. Those are the 2 sizes. One has longer studs too. The LONGER stud version needs CAST rotors. That's the easiest way to explain it all. Depends ALL upon your YEAR.

Rocketman said:
Be SURE of what you order... There are 2 hub units that fit during those years. One will require a CAST rotor, the other a COMPOSITE rotor. Yes, your knuckles and calipers will fit fine on either "set-up." The difference is in the distance of the rotor mounting surface from the mounting surface of the hub itself. Those are the 2 sizes. One has longer studs too. The LONGER stud version needs CAST rotors. That's the easiest way to explain it all. Depends ALL upon your YEAR.

I'm in the same boat on my 99....How can I tell the difference between the cast and the composite rotors?

If either of you is interested I have a buddy that has a set (2) of the composite rotor hubs for a 99, they have just 70000miles on them and show no signs of ware. He got them from a 99 lp frontend he bought to upgrade his small axles ( 260 joints ). Let me know if there is any interest, Thanx Digger

Littlewhitexj said:
Go-Jeep posted this yesterday on JU. He said that he has had good luck with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-2...cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33728QQitemZ8011044705
I saw that too. I've got this ebay alert thing that sends me emails when keywords such as "Jeep hub assembly" are found. That particular item is for composite rotors. I'm looking for a decent hub assembly for full cast rotors that won't break on me after the warranty expires. I saw some Timken hub assemblies a few weeks ago on ebay but they are going for $150.

mdwatkins said:
I'm in the same boat on my 99....How can I tell the difference between the cast and the composite rotors?
The "top hat" section of the cast rotor hub sticks out farter from the WMS. I've got both in the garage, if I remember I'll take pics and measurements tonight.
I bought the "Dynapak" brand at Advance Auto for $70, quality is yet to be determined, it's only ben on my MJ for about 2 weeks. I would have sprung for the more expensive one, but this is the one they had in stock, and I needed to put the Jeep back together so I could drive to work that morning. Replacing bearings sucks at 2AM BTW.

Back