• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Map Sensor and Emissions

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
Running a 95 HO that for all purposes is new. 500 miles on the long block, all new sensors, new CCV, fresh radiator, etc. Where I messed up is with the injectors - I put in 21lb Accel and didn't take into account the lower PSI rating, that coupled with the Banks header / hi-flow cat and muffler have it running lean (white plugs and O2 sensor) and way too hot - especially at idle.

So after comparing the cost of new injectors, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and an adjustable map sensor, I built the adjustable map sensor.

Can anyone with experience suggest a starting voltage? I'll head in this month for emissions testing - they do an idle test, and a 2500 RPM test - what would be ideal readings?

3XJFamily said:
Running a 95 HO that for all purposes is new. 500 miles on the long block, all new sensors, new CCV, fresh radiator, etc. Where I messed up is with the injectors - I put in 21lb Accel and didn't take into account the lower PSI rating, that coupled with the Banks header / hi-flow cat and muffler have it running lean (white plugs and O2 sensor) and way too hot - especially at idle.

So after comparing the cost of new injectors, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and an adjustable map sensor, I built the adjustable map sensor.

Can anyone with experience suggest a starting voltage? I'll head in this month for emissions testing - they do an idle test, and a 2500 RPM test - what would be ideal readings?
http://jeepbarracks.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18
this should help

Hey 3XJ, please let me know how that adj map works out if you build it and what setting you try to get it to run right will ya. Sounds like my prob after installin a high flow cat and flowmaster. Wont idle or run properly and can't figure out that homebrew sensor deal. Thanks.

3XJFamily said:

Start at 5.3v and if necessary, go up in 0.1v steps until the plugs start to look brown instead of white.

Back