• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is there any way to relocate IAT to aftermarket intake?

BBeach

NAXJA Forum User
I have the Rusty's Air Tube with the 9" KN filter and i saw on Dino's website http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/IAT_sensor.html and i wanted to do it with my intake. Is there any way for me to fab my own hole into the side of the air tube by drilling or something? Im still trying to figure out if the aftermarket intake is doing anything to me as far as more power from more air or less power from more, but hotter air. But i just got a g-tech off of ebay so ill try a before and after and see what to do.

As I recall, the IAT sensor fits neatly into a 3/8" NPT thread - so you'll end up wanting to drill a hole for the sensor, and weld/braze/solder (strength isn't so important - seal damn sure is) a bung to the surface for the sensor to thread in to. The bung can be made from an ordinary brass or iron fitting (make sure to get the galvanize off of the iron, if you plan to weld) got from a hardware store, if my memory on the thread size is correct. Cut to length, make sure the sensor tip will protrude into the intake stream, and affix it to the tube.

A touch of RTV or PTFE pipe doe on the sensor threads will help the seal, and help you remove it later when it's time to change the thing.

5-90

Back