• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant get knuckles onto axle mounts

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
i took my knuckles off and i cant get them back on. they wont press back onto the tie rod end thingy's. how do i get them on?
dana 30

are you sure you took your "knuckles" off?....
what thingy are you talking about?

mack said:
are you sure you took your "knuckles" off?....
what thingy are you talking about?

yeah im pretty damn sure i took the knuckles off.... the tie rod ends that hold your knuckle up onto the big C looking thing welded to the end of the axle tube. well my knuckle wont press up onto those tie rod things like they should, it seems as if it should be the same principle as puting a tie rod end into, say the pitman arm, but in this case it doesnt press onto it. i had to hit it off with a hammer so i know it fits snug but now it doesnt.
any advice?

those tie rod end lookin thingy's that are pressed into the inner C's are your ball joints

the ball joint pins are tapered and so are the holes on the knuckles....are you sure you're not trying to put the knuckle on upside down i.e., the driver side knuckle on the passenger side C and visa versa? You want the big end of the tapered holes on top.

knuckles should go on pretty easy and then snug up to the ball joint tapers once you tighten the big nut thingy's :jester:

Back