• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird jerking

afjeep2082

NAXJA Forum User
Wasn't sue if this should be modified tech or not....but my problem is I am getting a real bad jerk at times when I am driving. I though it might be the transmission slipping or something but it does it while ideling as-well. It feels like it looses some power then quickly and vilantly regains it. Not sure what it could be if ya guys have any suppestions where to look....

1993 cherokee sport
auto
RE 4.5 lift

I have '93 sport as well. It was doing a similar thing. I replaced the TPS and that all went away. Its cheep, so thats where i would start.

it has a new cps in it....I was woundering if a bad MAP would cause something like this? I've searched and most the commen problems....TPS, CPS and O2 are all new sensors, none of which are even a year old.

well I was doing some tinkering and well I have a screamn deamn coil installed and I kept my old one as a spare, well I hooked up the old one just to seem maby if the coild was going out and it seemed to have fixed it! I won't get my hopes up quite yet I will give it a couple days and see what happens.

ok well my problem is still there and worce then ever! I changed my tps and fuel filter.....it's getting to the point where I can hardly drive it anymore, it's starting to die at times at red lights and going down the highway at times it will go into a violent jerking and then a few sec's later will be fine. I also notice a significant loss of power when it happens I can have the pedel just about floored and it will stay arround 2,000 rpms and I can hear it coughing and sputtering through the intake. I went through my vacume lines and shot some compressed air through then to see if any were cloged, and everything checked fine, I cleaned my TB and intake filter.....but still no change. I am worried it's going to blow a gasket or something. I'm just about ready to give up and take it in :-( if anyone else has any other ideas please let me know...

check the rotor for small cracks.. mine was doing the exactly same thing because the rotor had a tiny crack and was wobling just a little and only in a certain rpm range/time.

mine was doing the exact some thing , then it ended not shifting out of 2nd gear (92 auto) took it to a real machanic they replaced the TPS, no change . I ended up having to replace the whole computer,he said something about computers put in vehicles in the early 90's lots went bad from bikes to trucks.

ok i checked the pressure with just turned to on the pressure is below 10 psi and when running at idel it is sitting just above 30psi and when it does it's hesitation thing it drops to 30 or just below it....never to the line below though. I'm still not sure what the spec's shoulc be so if someone could informe me :)

Back