• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Waggy lights on pre-97's??

96CheroKeeClassik

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah so I've been doing some research on changing up the look of my taillights a little bit cause I think the stockers look horrible with that huge amber sect. on them and their not very visible from the sides either.

I read an article a while back from gojeep a while back about using, like the title says, around 89ish Wagoneer tails on a pre-97 XJ. They are 90% red with just a white section that looks much cleaner, and some have the chrome trim too.

SO, does anyone know if I can still use my existing light fittings directly into those older waggy taillights?? or would I have to do some wire mods?

Thanks, you guys rock.

84 through 96 are all swapable. 97 and up are different. Find the lights you need and do the swap.

Kim.

Thanks, but I already know that the wagoneer taillights will fit in the stock locations of the 84-96 spots and line up with the bodylines and everything. But what I'm needing to know is if I can just twist in my existing 3 bulb sockets into (from what I've heard/read) the 4 holes in the old waggy lights..? or if I'd have to re-wire them into different bulb housing/receptacles?? thanks!

Everything is the same. Just different colors. Twist out the bulbs from the old lights and twist them into the wagoneer lights. Everything is the same.

Kim.

Welcome. If you come across any extra wagoneer lights let me know. I could use a few extra.

Kim.

Back