• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

isuzu corporate 12 bolt... Anyone?

flash_gordon

NAXJA Forum User
Was at the yard today looking for an 8.8 and saw a strange looking axle under an Isuzu Trooper, not a Dana 44. Looks like a Ford 9" sorta. Removable third member and disk brakes. After a little computer searching when I got home, I think they call it a Isuzu corporate 12 bolt. Anyone know much about these?
Shawn

uhwar1.jpg

not directly on that link....

Yes, I read all that. I was looking for something a little more XJ based, if anyone has put on in, what they like about it....etc.
SD

flash_gordon said:
Yes, I read all that. I was looking for something a little more XJ based, if anyone has put on in, what they like about it....etc.
SD

I wheeled a nearly stock zuzu PU for about 10 years with the corporate 12 rear. It is a third member rear, and the only locker I know if available is ARB. However, it is stout as hell, and likely 4.56 geared, and the disks work great... about 58" WMS and 6 lug. If you don't mind shelling out for an ARB, might be a good swap.

Just found a 99 Trooper 12 bolt axle. Has 1.5" shafts, 4:30s, limited slip and is around 62ish wms to wms it look like. I hear its as strong as a d60.

I use to be a zuzu guy and all troopers came with the zuzu 12 bolt. Rodeo's are the ones that came with the dana 44. The early leaf sprung troops are about 57" wms to wms. The newer are around 60"-63" if it came with fender flares. I am selling my stock dana 44 out of my XJ to buy a 12 bolt. It is stronger than the d44, has disk brakes, third member design, and best of all doesnt need to be re-geared since 88-97 model came with 4.56's stock.

Back