• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gauge cluster question

diluted1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,.. I have a 99 SE and I have the infamous idiot light gauge cluster. I was wondering if it was possible to put a sport package gauge cluster in place of the one I currently have? Has anyone done it? Thanks

Yup, 1 hour job, remove center bezel, remove bezel from around driver side dash, unbolt old cluster, gently put new cluster in it's place. The clusters use self docking plugs but be gentle when putting them in, don't want to bend any pins in there.. I used a gauge cluster out of a 97TJ in my 98. You can probably use the same years 97,98,99 and maybe 00, not sure about the 00, some stuff could have changed, I'd hit the dealer and see if the part numbers are the same for those years...
Oh, disconnect your battery and let it sit for a while, don't want to chance popping an air bag, rare but the factory manual directs 'disconnect battery and allow to drain'...

Yeah, handfull of screws.. no biggie. I just wasnt sure if the gauges would function properly. They do, rock on! Sorry for the post, Ive found this has been brought up before... I guess I need to keep experimenting with the "search" button. Thanks for the reply Rich!

Back