• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code 36

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Pulled this code using the ignition switch method. got the code info from Go-Jeep's web site.

36 Air switch solenoid circuit. Air switch solenoid circuit (non-turbo) or the waste gate solenoid on turbocharged models

94 2.5L is the engine. Anyone know what this is refering to?

BTT any help here would be appreciated....

BTT No one?

Does it have air injection, (AIR)? If so it probably has a solenoid located on or near the diverter valve. Look on the engine passenger side for the valve, and the solenoid will be nearby. The code indicates the solenoid circuit is either shorted or open; I'd suspect the solenoid itself is sticking. You might be able to take it apart and lube it...?

No I counted wrong. That is a code listed but not what I have. Mine is a code 15 speed sencer input. Spedo cable is undone. :) ty though.

langer1 said:
The speed sensor is the engine speed sensor, it has nothing to do with the speedometer.
but if the spedo cable is undone the sensor would not record a speed. Right?

langer1 said:
No the "engine speed sensor"(RPM) is on the engine.
Yes but I bet its the electric sensor on the tcase. The bolt was lost and it ckeeps coming out. I'm looking for a replacement now.

Last edited:
Ghost said:
Yes but I bet its the electric sensor on the tcase. The bolt was los and it ckeeps coming out. I'm looking for a replacement now.
Ok your correct, you threw me off when you said the Speedometer Cable was disconnected. I was just about to reply that if you have a speed sensor you don't have a cable.

langer1 said:
Ok your correct, you threw me off when you said the Speedometer Cable was disconnected. I was just about to reply that if you have a speed sensor you don't have a cable.
Yea I should have said sensor not cable. lol

Do you even know whats loose, other than the nut brhind the wheel?

2offroad said:
Do you even know whats loose, other than the nut brhind the wheel?
Hey now watch it I resamble that remark! Don't you have some appliance to go repair?

Ghost said:
Hey now watch it I resamble that remark! Don't you have some appliance to go repair?
No that's why I here.

Back