• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need cage ideas...

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of assisting the build of my cage. It has been a lot of my ideas mixed with a lot of the builders ideas, and we need some help.
Basics: It's a combination between exo and internal. Main section for safety is the internal cage. A, B, and C pillars are all getting feet welded to teh frame rails (TNT plates) and the D pillar is connected to the rear bumper that is well tied into the rear frame.
Problem is, we are haivng a hard time figuring out the best way to connect the interior to the exterior portion. RIght now, the exo has pieces of C connected to it, each piece has two holes in it and a matching piece of strap to go on the inside to bolt it down. It is a VERY tight squeeze since we pushed interior cage out to the edges. So we need ideas on how to connect the two. ANy thoughts are appreciated.
All pics can be seen here...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/HULK64/Cage/

Don't have any ideas, but nice hackjob... I like it

So, it looks like you have the interior part finished, and are looking for ways to tie the roof hoop to the interior? Holes through the roof wouldn't have been hard if you planned for it. Using the tie plates that it looks like you're using, it's hard for us to see what you're doing. You guys are looking at it, tie it in the best you can from the inside cage to the tie plates.

Are there bars from the A hoop to the B hoop that run over your head, both driver and passenger side? Helmet? :)

We havent put the bars in that go over our heads yet, based on that reason. We just mounted the seats and it looks like we should be OK, but we havent put them in yet for that reason...
Holes wouldnt have worked becasue we would have no way to get full circle welds on the interior pieces. Plus, this way with the plates keeps the halo nice and close to the roof. Just curious to see if anyone had some crazy ideas to connect the two. I am sure we will figure something out, but if anyone has ideas I would take em...
j

Back