• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SkidRow tank skid with hitch on '97..issues

XJSpencer

NAXJA Member #1400
Bolt holes dont line up. I could put the skid on or the hitch, but not together. I could maybe drill some holes to make it work.

Also, with the skid under the hitch, it wont mount flush.

This skid.
ZJ-GTS.jpg

This Hitch.
98MoparHitch3.jpg

Pics were borrowed

not sure how your holes are not lining up. I installed that skid at the same time as my BulletProof bumper, and it all lined up well. There were some flush issues, but we got the holes lined up after some shoving here and there! Are they THAT far off??

ChuckstrPT said:
not sure how your holes are not lining up. I installed that skid at the same time as my BulletProof bumper, and it all lined up well. There were some flush issues, but we got the holes lined up after some shoving here and there! Are they THAT far off??

There's a hole missing in the hitch. There's a hole in the frame and the nutstrip that line up with the skid. The hitch doesn't have a hole there. I can drill the hole to mount it up. Then I guess I'll need 3/16 spacers between the hitch and frame at the other bolts because the skid isn't full length. It seems silly that it wouldn't fit a fully factory application.

Got pics of yours Chuck? Did you put in spacers? Yours is a '97+ isn't it?

Thanks

edit. did you toss the heat shield and two sided bolts?

Last edited:
I got it installed.

Back