• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pulsting breaks

jgcaseyjr

NAXJA Forum User
put a 3 in. lift and 31's on my daughter's 98 XJ last week. was fine for awhile , now she says the brake pedal pulsates when she stops, especially when the wheel is turned. Sounds like an ABS problem to me. of course when i drove it nothing happened anybody got any ideas?

Last edited:
Nothing to do with the brakes, but… If you change the ride height you need to do an alignment. Jeeps will pretty much always track straight since they are solid axle and the toe in is the only thing that can be adjusted. If it’s off both tires will scrub equally and it will track straight.

For the brakes, have you tried driving it yourself? Normally when I think of pulsing brakes I assume the rotors are warped. Do you even have ABS? It was an option but it seems most don’t.

coincidently... if she rides her brakes, after the life install... the bigger tires would've sped up the warping time

I still suggest an alignment wheel balance.

B:smoker:WZER

if it has ABS pulsating pedal means the ABS is engaging.tell her to slow down and stop talegating.most likely she drives to fast and brakes to hard causing the ABS to engage and pulsate the pedal which means its doing its job

Back