• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arb locker and possible compressor?

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Heres my story. Im broke and i know many of you can sympathize with me but heres what im thinking. I have a 2000 xj 5.5'' re and 33s with a dana 30 and chry. 8.25 I plan on getting her regeared to some 4.56s. Im now re-thinking i should put an arb in the back but while i save i was thinking to purchase an air compressor (because it will be needed) for airing up and what not. Ive heard the arb compressors such pretty much so would any other quality compressor work? If so any recommendations?

I'm using a Viair 400C for the exact thing you want to do and it works well. It aired up 33's pretty fast and still does okay with 35's. A belt-driven or CO2 will be much faster, but my system never runs out of air like a CO2 tank will do ;)

I have a lot more info and you can see my complete setup here: http://www.ericsxj.com/oba.htm

oba56.jpg

I went with the Viair 400C because of Eric's write-up. Although I put it under the hood. Works great w/ 33s.

And while I'm not trying to start anything, you may want to think about locking the D30 w/ that ARB (selectables are nice up front). Hell, get two... ;)

DR

norcal420 said:
I went with the Viair 400C because of Eric's write-up. Although I put it under the hood. Works great w/ 33s.

And while I'm not trying to start anything, you may want to think about locking the D30 w/ that ARB (selectables are nice up front). Hell, get two... ;)

DR

I also agree with the ARB in the front and some other option in the rear... I would weld the rear and run an ARB up front until I got the money to do the rear right.

x2 on the Viair setup... ARB compressors are good at what they are made for, but airing up tires isn't that.

search under oba
compressor threads galore.
Recent one had about 5 pages of links for various compressors.

norcal420 said:

DR

I know this is an old thread, but do you have a pic of your viair under your hood? Love to see it.

EricsXJ said:
I'm using a Viair 400C for the exact thing you want to do and it works well. It aired up 33's pretty fast and still does okay with 35's. A belt-driven or CO2 will be much faster, but my system never runs out of air like a CO2 tank will do ;)

I have a lot more info and you can see my complete setup here: http://www.ericsxj.com/oba.htm

oba56.jpg

Have your book!!!!!!!! I am using 450c and mounting under the hood! Your write-up is very good and the reason I went with VIAIR!!

Back