• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with correct engine vaccuum

AgentXJ203

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all.

I need help setting up my top-engine vaccuum, most noteably the PCV system in the valve cover hoses and all vaccuum located on the top engine, driver's side. I messed up a lot of them doing engine work a year ago and I can't remember what goes where. Here is the specs.

1989 Jeep Cherokee
4.0L I6 engine
AC
Non-California
Non-Canada
4x4 auto

On the valve cover, the front breather hose goes to the airbox. The rear hose goes to a nipple on top of the intake manifold, in front of the throttle body.

Check my RENIXPower group (groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower) and see if I have a scan up in the files section - or just check for your underhood emissions compliance label (should be on the firewall, probably near the brake booster. It also has a vacuum wiring diagram on it.)

If you don't have the label anymore, and I don't have it up at RENIXPower, let me know - I can pillage around and see if I've scanned it yet...

5-90

I can make a copy, but I don't know how else to post it without being in conflict with the club's policy on copyrighted material. Then again, if it is on our hoods to comply with EPA labeling regulations, it musn't be copyrighted material.

And, PVC is for Positive Crankcase Ventilation, which involves a spring and checkball. Our engines don't use PCV valves, except for the 2.8 CA engines I believe (the 2.8L Chevy S-10 CA engines did!). Ours uses an orifice and tube, labeled as a CCV system, if it matters.

AJ - if you can scan it, email it to me at dragonland2001 AT yahoo DOT com, and I'll post it on RENIXPower if I haven't already. That should eliminate the hosting/posting problem for NAXJA, and since it's a dedicated RENIX tech board at RENIXPower, it should be no trouble there either. Besides, if it goes silly, it's my tit in the wringer, not the club's. That's why I started the group...

5-90

Thanks all.

I forgot about the CCV system. I am afraid I've been using a push-in PCV valve in the front hose hole, which now has a grommet. I use a cold-air intake system I built myself. Would I be better off to replace the PCV valve with a ricer-style push-in filter or to route a hose somewhere. I no longer have the factory airbox.

5-90 said:
AJ - if you can scan it, email it to me at dragonland2001 AT yahoo DOT com, and I'll post it on RENIXPower if I haven't already. That should eliminate the hosting/posting problem for NAXJA, and since it's a dedicated RENIX tech board at RENIXPower, it should be no trouble there either. Besides, if it goes silly, it's my tit in the wringer, not the club's. That's why I started the group...

5-90
email sent.

5-90 said:
Check my RENIXPower group (groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower) and see if I have a scan up in the files section - or just check for your underhood emissions compliance label (should be on the firewall, probably near the brake booster. It also has a vacuum wiring diagram on it.)

If you don't have the label anymore, and I don't have it up at RENIXPower, let me know - I can pillage around and see if I've scanned it yet...

5-90

Awsome!

I've been looking for a wiring and vaccuum diagram for my 88! :clap:

:paperwork

Back