• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar TRE for bush end swap

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a locally made trackbar which uses a standard TRE end with a thread sizing of 11/16" UNF 18 TPi. What I want to do is swap this TRE to a bush end like axle end. Much like a RE HD trackbar but their bush housing has a socket or female part welded to it and I need the male part to thread into the trackbar.
So can I just get a tube, to press the bush into later, and cut off the threaded section off the TRE and weld it to it? Will that be strong enough as the TRE would be cast steel wouldn't it? Or is there any trackbar ends with the male threaded part already attached with the same thread available on their own?
I thinking of doing this and welding a C section below the stock frame bracket but lower the trackbar an extra 1" to run with a ZJ pitman arm or 1.5" lower with a similarly drop pitman arm from RE or Skyjacker I think it is. Who has the cheapest source of these?

Back