• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire psi?

Ever hear of the credit card trick???

You need some nice flat pavement, or preferably nice flat smooth concrete surface to do this on. Inflate the tire to what you think it should run at, then try to slide a credit card under the center, and then both sides of the tread from the front or back. When you have an even contact pattern on the road, the credit card will slide under the sides and the center the same amount.

either that or put some chalk down on the road and drive over it. Chalk will stick to the tire. Chalk in the middle and not on the edges is overinflated.

jeepdeepfreak said:
Quick question:
What psi should I be running my 34x10.50 ss ltbs at on the street?
what size wheels? i've run mine from 24-30, lower psi and it feels a bit squirrely

Chalk in the middle and not on the edges is overinflated.

This is not entirely accurate. What if you're running a wide tire on a narrow rim? How about IROC's, which have a very round profile? You need to drop the pressure an awful lot to get the edges to touch in these circumstances.

It's all about compromises, and which ones are right for you.

bobnoxious said:
This is not entirely accurate. What if you're running a wide tire on a narrow rim? How about IROC's, which have a very round profile? You need to drop the pressure an awful lot to get the edges to touch in these circumstances.

It's all about compromises, and which ones are right for you.
true, but it's a good starting point and let's you know how the tire is sitting.

Back