• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail advantage of FWD only

FELIX

Who Knows, Ask Who
Just curious what situations would have an advatage of running just the front axle in low, vice just the rear. I know that running the front @ full lock won't be doing the u joints any favors. What are some of your experiences or thoughts. Vehicle has Detroit's front & rear. Just wondering, as I now have that option :sunshine:

Thanks
Rob

FELIX said:
Just curious what situations would have an advatage of running just the front axle in low, vice just the rear. I know that running the front @ full lock won't be doing the u joints any favors. What are some of your experiences or thoughts. Vehicle has Detroit's front & rear. Just wondering, as I now have that option :sunshine:

Thanks
Rob

Front drive on + E-brake on = Front dig.

A front dig allows you to pivot your rig without too much forward movement. Handy in tight situations. Even better if you have a rear selectable locker and you can lock the rear E-brakes independantly. Lock the inside rear tire, send power to the outside, and it will pivot on just the inside tire.

My eye's have been opened & I'm liking it.:thumbup:

Thanks Crash

Rob

CRASH said:
Front drive on + E-brake on = Front dig.

A front dig allows you to pivot your rig without too much forward movement. Handy in tight situations. Even better if you have a rear selectable locker and you can lock the rear E-brakes independantly. Lock the inside rear tire, send power to the outside, and it will pivot on just the inside tire.

sounds like something I could break...

Back