• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Skid Plate for Transfer Case

They are a light piece of thin metal.

Built one for mine out of a pice of 1/4" and some 3" angle iron in an hour. Metal was extra out of the scrap pile. Sorry, no pics. Super simple to make though.

I agree that the stock one is better than nothing but if you can save up twice the money and get something aftermarket you'll be much better off. The way the factory one bolts on allows it be removed by stumps and such (speaking from experience). Just my $.02

factory one is fine if you stay off of the rocks. but you're going to need self tapping bolts to get it on.

I would suggest the warn skid, it's cheap, strong, and comes with all the hardware you need to install, tc drop or not.

Mine's taken some pretty hard hits on the rocks, and everything around it is all bent, like the unibody framerail, and the cross member, but the skid itself is still in good shape.

I bought the Warn one from CSEoffroad, it was $75 shipped to my door. I like it, came with everything needed.

do any of you have a picture of the Warn skid installed? I am wanting to see if it will work with my custom x-member on my MJ.
Thanks.
Zion

warn skid came with a spacer to go on the frame rail, so it will work with the 242. It was basically a 1" piece of square with 3 holes drilled in it.
Pics of mine:
MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

Back