• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what can i do?

84xj

NAXJA Forum User
th other night i slid my jeep in to a tree and the door is dented so much that the window wont crank up (manual). i need to be able to get this truck inspected so i was wondering if i could pull the dent somehow or if i have to get a whole new door.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Dan

They make big suction cups that you could stick on there and work a little of the dent out at a time.

If you are in a bind you can use a flat style plunger to pull the dent out if the glass is in the way on the inside.

i think you might be best finding a new door. it shouldnt be to hard to find i hope. you can pop the old interior door panel off the current door and put it on the newer one. unless theres a big difference between an 84 and.. say an 86. i dont know much about pre86, unless im making an idiot out of myself and its still the same body but you have the different headlights

Duct tape and saran-wrap can do wonders sometimes.

Pulling the dent should do the trick though.

Who knows why, but one day my rear drivers side door just stopped working, it wont open from the inside or outside. The window still works however. I wonder if the latch broke? Havnt bothered to take the inner panel off. Ill probably just say the heck with it.

84xj said:
i need to be able to get this truck inspected so i was wondering if i could pull the dent somehow or if i have to get a whole new door.
any help would be greatly appreciated
Dan

If you just need to pop the dent and a suction puller won't do it, and your not worried about looks at this time, here's what I did. I popped off the interior panel and used a piece of old hockey stick to push/pry the door skin out. My dent wasn't stopping my window, but it was still annoying to look at. Looked like someone kicked it actually. But anyway, I worked slowly, a little at a time and I acually got the door back to a presentable condition. It's not perfect, but hey, it's not a show car... As a side not, I think the skin on these cars is very thin to begin with, you can dent them just leaning on them, but it also makes it easy to pop things back in place too.

ill have to try to push it out i dont care about the dent i just want to be able to put my window up. if that dont work i will just buy a new door

My sons Jimmy would not pass insp. because drivers window did not operate. If your's is stuck in the down position they might not even notice it, my son had duct tape on his 'cause he couldn't get it up all the way, NH here too.

Back