• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm kit...

blue_flip

NAXJA Forum User
i was on a couple of weeks ago and found a pictire of a long arm kit that incorperated the long arm mounts into the tranny x-member, i was curious as to who offers this, alomost financially ready for a 6" lift/D44 swap front and rear.
I need that x-member to add some frame support goping twards the rear for future needs. (4 bar link rear end maybe?)

by the way if that was fabed up, i will hire anybody at the right price to make it for me!!!!

codeman8118 said:
Rustys, TNT Y-link arms, Claytons....choose your weapon...they are radius arm designes with a xmember
no, rustys and full traction are not radius, they are long arm...not sure about clayton

rusty's is not a radius arm????

rock rash said:
no, rustys and full traction are not radius, they are long arm...not sure about clayton

This is a pic of Rusty's...it's a radius arm.
xjlt1_01.jpg

Clayton's is a radius arm as well.

He also has a Cherokee that he built with coil rears!

Erik

TnT customs offers many pos. compared to others. ie. high clearance, full belly pan skid, HD.

another vote for TNT... I'll be a customer before long... Lots of research and TNT came out on top... also get their trac bar and bracket

I like the T&T kit too, but I went with Claytons hard arm kit. Claytons kit is beefy, and it has a lifetime waranty against bending and breaking. It just doesn't have as much clearance as the T&T kit.

Matt98XJ said:
I like the T&T kit too, but I went with Claytons hard arm kit. Claytons kit is beefy, and it has a lifetime waranty against bending and breaking. It just doesn't have as much clearance as the T&T kit.

I will say Clayton's has my 2nd nod if TNT would ever go out of business... my buddy wvredxj is running clayton's 8 inch long arm set up and his long arms are massive... total weight of the jeep has been on them and not even phased em, not to mention they have the rear coil conversion with long arms too

Do a search for rusty's stuff here and you will soon learn that most people that actually use their jeep hard, brake it. i've seen lots of pictures of broken rusty's parts. Never seen or heard of breakage with T&T or Clayton.

Dingo

Dingo509 said:
Do a search for rusty's stuff here and you will soon learn that most people that actually use their jeep hard, brake it. i've seen lots of pictures of broken rusty's parts. Never seen or heard of breakage with T&T or Clayton.

Dingo

I have rusty's LA kit with a hp 44 front and 35's. I don't go easy on it and have yet to break it.

If you wheel anything hard enough it will break I don't care who the manufacturer is......that's just part of the sport.

I have the TnT Y-link on hand but have not installed it yet. The welds and quality of craftsmanship are awesome. I also have the Trac bar and brace which are of the same quality. Not to mention good customer service. Get what you think will work for you and is within your budget....

well my budget/income is very fluid right now and if need be the project can wait till i can get some hevier duty stuff, cause i really really want the least chanch of anything breaking. i do have big plans for this rig. And i wont let anything get in my way. ao basically with out puting rockwel axles underneath this car i need to know what would you do if you had an unlimted spenind limit? but the rules are, you can't hack the body, and it has to looke as factory as possible when you are done. that is what i am going to do.

Back