• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this work? Any suggestions welcome!

evelandba

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, Blair here again. I want to make my drivetrain and axles damn near bomb proof and have had a few ideas for doing it the cheap way and just wanted to see if you folks think it could work.

1. D44 front, D60 rear, 4.58 gears, locker in rear and powertrax up front
2. 4.7L stroker, with an A/X 15 behind it
3. 35 in Maxxis Trebudor Comps
4. 6.5 in Rough country x-series lift.

Just some ideas, I would like to know with rigs to pull the axles, and tranny from, or maybe a different tranny that could bolt up to the stroker (Must be a 5 speed, or 6 would be nice) I won't be doing any serious rock crawling, but will be ripping up logging trails and chasing offenders at a ski resort during the winter. I hope to get some good feedback from y'all. Should tell you that this will also be my daily driver!! Thanx alot. Blair :shocked:

There is alot of fab work that needs to be done to get those axles under your xj, to say the least! Might want to reconsider the RC lift also, never heard anything good about them, but don't have any direct experience with them either. Good luck, sounds like you have a lot of work on your hands to make it work right.
Chris

I don't believe that the axles came or even are avaliable with 4.58 gears. Id go 4.88 or 5.13.
The stroker would be kick ass. Post pix on your buildup when your done. You can get a 6spd from the newer Wranglers.
Don't know anything about the tires, but the MT/R's are well praised on rocks. BFG Krawlers are another good tire.
Id go with the TnT/RE lift. Never used Rough Country, but not too many people reccomend them.

Id go a HP44/9" combo from a '77-79 Ford. If you ain't too serious about hard wheelin, that combo should work just fine.

Back